CDL Driver Recruiter | Phoenix, AZ
Quality Driver Solutions (QDS) is the leading truck driver staffing firm in the US.
We are seeking the right person to lead driver recruiting efforts in our Phoenix, AZ office. This office serves regional truck fleets with professional drivers. Apply now for this exciting career opportunity!
The CDL Driver Recruiter’s primary role is to attract, pre-qualify and hire the highest caliber DOT-qualified drivers that meet or exceed the company’s hiring standards and satisfy our customers’ needs.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Properly handle and administer all recruiting-related functions including, but not limited to:
Review online applications and/or driver profiles submitted by driver candidates to establish pre-qualification to hiring standards
- Proactively contact potential candidates by phone and/or face-to-face and perform an investigatory assessment of submitted application or driver profile
- Effectively communicate the total driver program including company information, operational processes, compensation, benefits, home time, customer variety and advantages of a quality CDL staffing company
Process background verifications
- Run basic background verifications, MVR and criminal reports for applicants who meet qualification standards
- Work with team members to ensure quick turnaround time on all documentation needed to move the prospect through our hiring process
Initiate and complete interview
- Enter all pertinent facts about the applicant in ATS and ERP
- Extend employment offer to applicant and schedule for orientation
- Organize new driver orientation and manage the operational hand-off
- Supervise and facilitate in-person and remote orientation process to ensure completion of documents, policy communication, safety training, and any client-specific onboarding process
- In conjunction with Recruiting Capability leadership, manage branch monthly marketing budget
- Work with branch and region team members to identify and prioritize open positions, and post ads for open positions when and where necessary to attract top talent
- Assist branch and region with answering telephones, directing calls, answering questions, assist walk-in applicants, interface with customers, all with a high level of professionalism
- Work with Recruiting Capability leader on process improvement related to efficient recruiting, onboarding, and retention
- May require occasional travel to driver interviews, off-site offices, and job fairs
- Assist the Recruiting team and Region team with other jobs as assigned
Necessary Skills & Attributes:
- 2-3 years of successful recruiting and/or sales experience
- Knowledge of the transportation industry, DOT regulations and Hours of Service preferred
- Must possess strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to relate to various individuals is a major component of this position
- Must have good organizational and time management skills and work well with a minimal amount of supervision
- Must be able to function as a team with other employees
- Must be a conscientious individual who attends to details, professionalism, and follow-up
- Must be able to manage stressful situations
- Must be proficient with a computer, including Microsoft Office Suite
- Must be physically and mentally able to carry out the requirements of the position
- Must be able to work well and comfortably in an office environment
Physical/Mental Demands & Working Conditions:
This job operates in a professional environment in our corporate office. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and fax machines.
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. This position may occasionally require overtime or weekend work.